Been quite sometime since I post in this blog. Even my previous posts are not quite finished yet *sigh*
I saw a post on my facebook wall yesterday, about the passing of a very young mother. A young teacher, who was married slightly more than a year, got sick when she was 7 months pregnant. After she gave birth, she was diagnosed with stage 4 brain tumor, leaving her young baby and husband.
I cried buckets especially when I saw the picture of her on the hospital bed looking longingly at her baby, but she was too weak to hold him.
Then I look at Azfar, and cried even more.
If you want to know more about her, search for "Norma and Talib" since I can't remember the blog's address.
I have also been following a blog about a toddler who was diagnosed with FLH and her twin sister. Their names are Miabelle and Noeli.
When Miabelle was nearly one, she got really sick and need a bone marrow transplant (BMT). I was in awe at how everybody put their effort together to find the donor. The search for donor went as far as Belgium (if I'm not mistaken).
They finally got a match, it was from a stranger. And that's what I call the gift of life. A stranger ever so willing to put her/himself at risk to save a life.
*when a hero comes along playing at the background*
While I don't think I'm brave enough to be a donor, I hope that whatever little I do in my life, could make someone else's life a bit better
u can read their story at my blog
ReplyDeletehttp://miera301.blogspot.com