1.I'll breastfeed him and pump at the same time.
2.When I go to work, he'll have ebm until I pick him up in the evening.
3.I'll bring my Coleman, breastpump in the car and express every 3 hours.
4.If more ice is needed I'll get it from 7E
This is what happened:
1.Little pumpkin refused milk bottles. He though his bottles are a set of teethers and plays with it. He's very clueless on how to drink from milk bottles and ended up chewing the teats and have milk dripping down his chin. We have been offering him bottles since he was 2/3 months old until now(almost 8 months old). Why we start him on bottles only at 2 months old? That's another story altogether.
2.Since mommy couldn't afford to let go of career, Azfar goes to work with mom everyday.
Going to work everyday with a baby is not easy, but not impossible either.
Because Azfar refused to be fed by bottles, we started taking him out on outings early. It is totally against our culture.
We started with one outing a weeks that lasted about 3-4 hours, and slowly after a month or so, we started taking him out 2-3 full days a week and finally now 4 days a week, since I don't work on Friday and on weekends.
There a few things one need to be prepared:
![]() |
| On one of his first trips the local mall |
1.Have a very flexible schedule and be open minded. There are days when things don't go as planned. It helps that I'm self employed and most of my clients are long term clients.
2.Have baby's nappy bag well equipped with diapers, nappy cream, extra clothes for baby, jacket in case weather gets really cold and travel diaper mat (you don't know when you'll need to change diapers in the back sear ;) )
3.Not everybody likes baby, and not everybody accepts breastfeeding. Some might not even want baby. So be adequately covered when breastfeeding and just believe in what you are doing, don't let them bother you.
4.My nursing cover that I bought from Fabulous Mom is a godsend. Very light and satiny, and since I live in Malaysia, very comfortable in humid weather.
![]() |
| With mommy at the headquarters, all bundle up |
6. Bring your stroller AND baby carrier.
7..There are people who are opinionated and really think that they should voice them out. If you don't like their comments, or those comments are hurtful, just block them out from your mind. You can't control what other people do, but you can control your response towards them.


No comments:
Post a Comment